Saturday, May 24, 2008

Delhi Belly

I finally got sick. I woke up this morning and was pretty miserable. I will spare you of the details, but I am beginning to feel a little better. It was bound to happen. Basically everyone here has gotten sick at one point throughout their stay, and each time I have been quick to point out my supposed immunity. So much for that. I think I just need a good night’s rest. So, this update will be short and hopefully sweet.

 

There is a group of students that have been here since I first arrived, but they are leaving on Monday so everyone went souvenir shopping today. I stayed home. Good decision.

 

Tonight I went to a birthday party of one of Thom and Linda’s friend. I have never been to a birthday party like the one tonight. It consisted of worship, prayer, and eating. Pretty cool if you ask me.

 

Last night was a great night. We had a rooftop worship service in the middle of Delhi and heard two amazing testimonies of a married missionary couple that live here. One is from America and the other was born in New Delhi. They have been married for a couple months. It was an arranged marriage, too. They both had incredible and challenging stories that I hope to share with you soon.

 

Aside from being sick, everything is great. I am hoping that I will wake up feeling a lot better so I can give you guys a something a little better than this to read.

 

1 comment:

gail Ewing said...

Zack,

Oh I am so sorry you are sick. Take care of yourself and please call our cell tomorrow to let us know how you are.

We are in Dallas with Ryan and Megan for Coles wedding. Having a great time. Saw Astros in Houston last night.

We miss you and will be praying for you to get well.

I will have my phone next to me all day waiting to hear from you.

Love you bunches..

muther