Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Look

Well, tonight marks my one week anniversary being back in the US. This realization brings up some business that I feel obligated to discuss with you. 

This blog was created on May 12 with the intent of providing you, the reader, with updates throughout my stay in India. Now that the trip is over, I am faced with the question of whether I should keep this up. 

I want to relate this issue to a distant part of my personal life. I am reminded of a dating relationship I was in when I was in High School. Don't get me wrong, this was a great part of my life for a certain period of time, but there was a distinct time when it was clear things were no longer progressing. In fact, things were clearly regressing. I remember a particular moment when it would have been quick, easy, and relatively painless to end it and move on. However, this was not the path that was taken. Hindsight reveals this was the wrong decision. The relationship, at the time of the possible termination, had already seen its height. In this case, prolonging the inevitable had few advantages, but was actually quite unpleasant.

We are supposed to learn from our mistakes, right? Well, applied in this situation would mean I would recognized that this blog has served its original intended purpose and now it is time to move on. Well I have decided to make a small compromise with this philosophy. 

I am "moving on" from the "old blog" by merely changing the format and the title. That's fair, right? 

I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed blogging thus far, and so I see no logical reason to stop. I realize that when I address "you" I may be talking to myself, given that all my readers have lost interest by now. 

But if you are like me and tend to hang on, then I hope you enjoy the new look of the blog and the posts to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tyne said...

Hey Zack,
We readers enjoy hearing what the Lord is doing in your life- in India and the states!